If you want free SSL certficiate for your App Service - App Service Managed Certificate is finally here. Secure custom domains for your web apps with App Service Managed Certificates.
Let's first talk about limitaions
Requirements & Limitations
- Currently in Preview (might have some bugs, although no bugs reported yet)
- Only works for sub-domains. Naked (Apex) domains are not supported for now
- Can only be provisioned if an active CNAME is directly pointed to your webappname.azurewebsites domain (Live migrate DNS with awverify will not work)
- Needs existing "Custom Domain" entry for the domain
- Requires Basic or above App Service plan
- Cannot be exported
- Cannot be wilcard (*.domain.com)
Make sure that your CNAME pointing to the web app is there. While in your Web App go to TLS/SSL settings -> Private Key Certificates (.pfx) -> Create App Service Managed Certificate.
Once the certificate is provisioned you will see it under Pricate Key Certficiates at the bottom of the page. You can now make bindings.
- Certificate is issued by GeoTrust
- Certificate is issued for 6 months
You can create your SSL bindings now and get the certificate up for your Web App
Another way of getting a free SSL - https://sslforfree.com